Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Barbershop

When most people order a cake, they want something that reflects who the recipient is. Needless to say, I was a little surprised when my mom calls me at my day job last week and says, "one of my co-workers needs a cake, but it is short notice, can you do it?". I tell her if it is a small one, it's ok. She proceeds to say, "he wants a barber pole since the birthday boy is a hairdresser". I tell her that I can do a small round cake and stick a gumpaste barber chair and pole on it. She calls me back and says, "No, he wants to know if you can shape it like a barber pole". Now this is the woman who so graciously gave birth to me 33 years ago - shouldn't she know me better than this? Shouldn't her answer have been, "of course he can". Needless to say I did it and am very happy with the way it turned out. But, I'll let you guys be the judge of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment