Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wedding Madness



As a busy few weeks of wedding cakes is upon me, I wanted to take a quick minute to share this week's cakes. The first was for next week's bride, Melissa's, wedding shower. It was two tiered oval. Bottom tier was vanilla bean, top was chocolate. The cake was covered in pink white chocolate fondant and trimmed in sugar pearls. It was decorated with a traditional white wedding dress:










My second cake this weekend was also my first Wedding cake of the summer. It was a three tiered cake covered in white fondant. The tiers were trimmed in gold ribbon and the cake was adorned in handmade cala lillies and ivy. The flavor for this cake was chocolate with peanut butter mousse filling. I was al ittle nervous for this cake because I never did a cake supported by pillars. But I am happy with the outcome:



Well, that's it for now. A lot of prep to do for the next cake! I'll be back next week to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment