Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Spider and a Mouse

First off, thank you to the people who either commented or wrote me to tell me that they like the review features!  Last week's cakes were so much fun to do!  The first was a 3D mickey mouse-type head.  I used RKT for the ears and nose, everything else was cake and covered in fondant.  I used gumpaste and my handy-dandy cricut to cut out the letters:

The cake was all vanilla bean with vanilla bc filling.  The birthday boy's name was Kalel.

My second cake was a bust of Spiderman:



Spidey is completely edible.  The head is RKT and the body is cake.  The webbing and logo are made from sugar veil.  If you'd like me to do a tutorial on this, let me know and I will put one together - the technique is good for any superhero and I am thinking of doing an Iron Man for my upcoming birthday. 

Not much going on this week - I could use the break.  I am however getting ready for next week's cakes.  I'll be back later this week with another dvd review (as long as the US postal service doesn't lose my package) and/or another store review.

Until then, happy caking!

No comments:

Post a Comment