Monday, January 17, 2011

She's Baaaack! The Return of Jennifer Dontz, Sugar Florist Extraordinaire!

Happy New Year!

It has been a crazy month, and I have been so busy working on plans for the months to come! On top of teaching cake decorating classes (link to site), I am in the early stages of planning my first DVD, working on a video tutorial for the blog, cake orders, and travelling for classes, I am also working on an exclusive line of molds and veiners!




I'm travelling to Kitchener ON in April to study at Icing Inspirations with the wickedly talented James Rosselle! James will be teaching a Sweet trip around the world focusing on sugar flowers from around the world. Contact Chrissie at Icing Inspirations to see if she has spots left. One of my fellow classmates will be Lorrie Gauthier of Eat Dessert First in the Ottawa area.

Speaking of my zany friend Lorrie, she has been hard at work laying the groundwork to bring the extremely sweet and talented Jennifer Dontz back to the Capital region! Jen will be coming back May 20-22nd for a 3 day class in sugar flowers. The flowers being taught are: Peony, Blood Orange Lily, Lily of the Valley, Pansy, Cymbidium Orchid, Magnolia and Moth Orchids. The class costs $380 payable in 2 installments via Paypal through Jen's site.  For more details or to sign up, contact Jen at Cakebabe1@aol.com.  Considering it is a 3 day class, and the number of flowers being taught, the price is very reasonable. Spaces are limited for the class, so sign up early! All details are available at Lorrie's site. Any cutters and or veiners (as well as other tools) can be purchased through Jen's site, and are delivered in class which means you save on shipping as well!  Don't miss out on a chance to learn from one of the most talented sugar artists out there!

On the pipeline for me is planning more classes, working on a contract to teach at Creations Gourmandes, and my first DVD!

Until Next Time - Happy Caking!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could attend Jennifer's class. She taught a class at my house. The class sold our early and eveyone had a blast and walked away with quite a few new flower making skills. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete