Saturday, September 22, 2012

Show Time!

Hi Cakeland!

As Wedding season winds down, cake decorators worldwide start gearing up for all of the cake shows and conventions.  It usually starts with ICES in August. One of the exciting things about shows and conventions is the vendor areas, where cake toy junkies like me revel in new gadgets and gizmos.  Next weekend, Toronto hosts the Baking & Sweets show.  My second family - Chrissie and Justin of Icing Inspirations will be there with basically their entire shop.  Last year they introduced us to Sassie isomalt sticks, and this year they have something huge planned!  I am pleased to announce that along with stopping by their booth to register for one of the many upcoming celebrity classes they have (including 2013's cake event of the year - Cake Carnival), they have a special guest.  Chef Dominic of Marvelous Molds fame (and makeyourownmolds.com) will be there demonstrating his new line of products including new molds from Marina Sousa, Earlene Moore, and some Marvelous Molds originals.  Check out the pics below for a sneak peek at what you can find at the Icing Inspirations booth:

check out a video showing how to uses the fleur de lis here

 
Chrissie and Justin always have their fingers on the pulse of what is hot and good quality in the cake world, you know Dominic's product are top notch!  He has re-vamped Marina's bead molds to make them easier to unmold.  I unfortunately can't be there to meet Dominic in person, but if you are able to get to the Toronto show, be sure to swing by and say hi to the gang for me!
 
About a month after Toronto, Montreal (my hometown) will see it's first ever Cake Show and Competition (the Montreal Cakeshow).  I am very excited about this show!  Not only will I be re-united with my Icing Inspirations family (Chrissie is teaching at the show and having a vendor booth), but I will be entering a few pieces in the competitions and having my own vendor booth to promote my classes and a new line of cake decorating supplies that I have been working on.  This line includes, petal dust, airbrush color, silicone molds and veiners, and some cutters to make lifelike sugar flowers!  One such cutter has me really excited!  I was researching Orchids (because I am obsessed with making sugar ones) and fell in love with the Mokara Orchid:
 
 
I did more research to learn this was a hybrid orchid and that there are not any cutters out there that would allow me to make it, so I took matters into my own hands and made my own.  Here is an exclusive sneak peek at what the cutters resulted in:
 
I really hope to meet alot of you there!  I will be doing a demo on Saturday in the demo area and will be demoing some of my products all weekend at my booth.  If you can't make one of these two great shows, search online to find an upcoming show in your area - they are a great way to see new things, get ideas, and meet new people!
 
Until Next Time,
Happy Caking!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment