Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Major Class Annonuncement

Hi Cakeland

I know it has been a while since my last post, but I have been extremely busy working on a few cake related projects that I hope to share with you all very soon!



If you're as big of an Icing Inspirations fan as you know I am, you'll know their website is currently down for a complete overhaul, but that's not a bad thing.  One of the reasons I love them so much is the amazing customer service they give - and this seen through every stage of the order process from their product knowledge to the super fast shipping.  Currently, if you need to place an order or sign up for a class, you can either email them at chrissie@toonicetoslice.ca or give them a call at 519-576-3364 and get the experience of top notch service!  One benefit of being BCFs with Chrissie is that I get a heads up when new stuff comes in, and fresh from the recent celebrity class with my crush Kaysie Lackey, Icing Inspirations has if stock Kaysie's two DVDs on panelling/box cakes and a tree stump cake.  I am still reeling from not being able to attend Kaysie's class (thanks to my wife's bday, but I am NOT bitter ;) ).  I am optimistic Kaysie will return to Icing Inspirations in the future.

Speaking of classes, it seems Icing Inspirations students cannot get enough of one instructor in particular - the uber talented Karen Portaleo!  Karen is known for her lifelike sculpted cakes, and she will be back at II in March for 2 classes - a flamingo and a super cute bunny.  I did hear seats are extremely limited and these two classes are almost SOLD OUT! 



And now that we're on the topic of Ms. Portaleo, I am very excited to be able to learn from her this coming November , when she returns to Icing Inspirations for Cake Carnival a 3-day fun filled cake extravaganza where Karen and 5 more amazingly talented instructors (Marina Sousa, James Roselle, Elisa Strauss, Joshua John Russell and Courtney Clark) take over Kitchener and team teach 3 great carnival themed projects.  Carnival will be the cake event of the year - surpassing even the annual ICES convention!  I have already reserved my spot in class, and to learn from 6 of the top artists in the world is well worth the $1200 price tag.  Think of it - if you break it down into 10 payments, youre looking at $120 each payment and it is one of the best investments you can make in yourself as an artist in my opinion.  When these teachers teach individually, a 3-day class goes for $800-1400 easily - you'll get 6 instructors for the price of one!  If you want to secure a spot in Cake Carnival (taking place November 6,7 and 8), just call or email the store and sign up.  They do offer payment plans, and I know for a fact the seats are well on their way to being sold out!  Don't miss your chance - this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity!!!

Until next time,
Happy Caking!










No comments:

Post a Comment